Hello, September

September is here, and fall is on the horizon.  Yes, I know September started on Friday.  I also know many people have been enjoying the long holiday weekend.  So that's why I'm greeting September now.


I'm not a pumpkin spice aficionado, but autumn is still my favorite season.  The change in temperatures encourages me to reflect on the year so far and make necessary adjustments that keep me on track to meet my January goals.

You may notice my blog's new look - and new name - if you have visited before.  The format is almost identical but the background is simpler.  My email address and Facebook page have also changed for the sake of consistency.  You can still use sohosalesva@gmail.com (I know it's a pain to change your address book) because all those emails will be forwarded to my new account.  No need to worry if I will get your message - I will!

Why the changes, you ask?

When I joined Instagram, I gave very little thought to my user name.  I planned to use it for building partnerships with both my vendors and retailers but was not clever enough to select anything more creative than @jeffthesalesrep.

The influence of social media led to people addressing me as "Jeff the Sales Rep" when meeting in person - especially people I had not met before.  What surprised me most was that I liked it.  As a professional moniker, it's simple and straightforward, requiring minimal interpretation - in stark contrast to SOHO Sales.

From my old blog, I've brought over posts about our industry that remain relevant and will be adding new ones.  The old blog became cluttered with posts about companies I no longer represent and painted a muddy picture of my business.  

So welcome to my fresh new blog and welcome to September.  Let's partner to make this holiday selling season one that will make your customers - and your accountant - happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment